Sunday, February 17, 2008
Cheap Date Pins
A couple of weeks ago, I was approached by Becky of The Sweetie Pie Press to be a part of her ongoing Artist Commissioned Pin project. Because I had just finished a rather epic poster illustration for a friend, I killed two birds with one stone by donating select aspects of the illustration- 6 portraits drawn from a university yearbook from 1962- to make up a pin set titled "Cheap Dates." Thanks for doing these, Becky...they look SO great. If anyone is interested in purchasing a set, check out Becky's Etsy store, look for The Sweetie Pie Press at local craft fairs and events, or ask me, as I'll have some sets of my own to sell real soon...
Becky also tagged me in her blog, meaning I have to list 7 random facts about myself on MY blog, so here it goes...
1. I can't swim or whistle.
2. I have horrible teeth. HORRIBLE. I've had 4 root canals (3 in the past three years) and have also had two teeth break on me in this time. What is wrong with me, you ask? I swear, I'm not a disgusting person with a really bad lifestyle or anything...maybe it's just bad British (via NFLD) genes. Either that or the year and a bit I spent managing a candy store. Ugh....
3. I've lived in 6 places in my entire life- two in Scarborough, three in Parkdale, and I'm currently near Trinity Bellwoods Park. I am a total house-mouse, and rarely travel. I've been to Switzerland, New York, Niagara Falls, Florida, St. Lucia, and the Bahamas. That's about it...and that all happened between the ages of 7 and 17.
4. Things I generally don't like: dogs, babies, actors, the TV, carrots, people who think they're above social skills, and the telephone.
5. I play organ in a band.
6. Right now, I am in the middle of reading Kobo Abe's "The Woman in the Dunes." I want to read Charles Schulz' biography next...
7. If I wasn't an artist, I would probably be a music writer.